I listen to a lot of music. I’m not one of those people who walk around all day telling everyone that their favorite band sucks or anything, but I like to think that I have pretty good taste when it comes to picking the good stuff.
So here are my picks for the best albums you have probably never heard:
- Lali Puna – Faking the Books – A little indie-tronic group that sounds excellent. If you like The Postal Service, Air, or The Notwist, you’ll love this album.
- Ms. John Soda – No P. or D. – Another excellent indie-tronic type group… ties to Dntel and The Notwist, kinda mellow electronic.
- Modest Mouse – Building Nothing out of Something – I’m sure we’ve all heard their latest abum, Good News For People Who Love Bad News, and maybe even the one before that The Moon & Antarctica, but this one was realeased before they found a major label to carry them. Well worth the hunt to find it.
- The Helio Sequence – Young Effectuals – I saw these guys open for Modest Mouse in Tucson a while back, and ended up grabbing their album. Hard to classify the music… It’s a mix between kinda spacey electronic and the singer sounds very much like a young John Lennon (they do a cover of Tomorrow Never Knows that is excellent).
- The Books – The Lemon of Pink – When I first listened to this album, I wasn’t really sure what was going on… I forgot about it for a while, thought that maybe it was just a strange dream, but then I gave it another listen. It’s so strange, but a good strange. Really good.